"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

And we're off!

Day Two               -              Tuesday, October 25th, 2011

Current Weight: 356lbs
Goal Weight: 240lbs
Total Weight Lost: 1lb
Weight Remaining: 116lbs
Days Remaining: 180

Day Two starts off in the right direction. One pound lost! Haha. you have to celebrate the little things too!

Not as much lost as I would like, but hey at least it’s moving…downward. I didn’t really do much yesterday by way of exercising. I was busy at work and didn’t get home until late, and by that time the ol’ laziness kicked in and I was finished.

I have some leftovers that I’m too poor to throw away so I’m continuing to eat my way through all of that. It’s unhealthy stuff but still, I hate throwing money away. Afterwards, I’ll go to the store and get what I call real food. Ever notice how the unhealthy food is cheap and the healthy food is expensive?

One tip I’ve found to help me during the weight loss process is preparation. Preparation is key! I was kicked out of Cub Scouts, for reasons unrelated to this blog ;), but I remember the motto of Be Prepared! I used to give excuses all the time as to why I couldn’t stick to a specific nutrition regimen. The most famous one, which maybe you have used at one time or another, is “It’s just so inconvenient. McDonald’s is so fast!” Well, this is true, but you have to change that. McDonald’s spends a lot of time trying to make us fat, so you have to spend time trying to make yourself healthy. I’m starting to prepare my food for at least half the week in advance. This way you’re only making food twice a week but you’ll have enough to get you through the whole week. If you make a salad big enough to divide over three or four days, put those three or four Tupperware bowls in the refrigerator and grab one on your way out to work that day. Doing this simple, yet powerful, technique has helped me stay away from convenience and move towards health and vitality!

Here's to your success!

No comments:

Post a Comment