"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Friday, October 28, 2011

Day Five - Down two pounds.

Day Five               -              Friday, October 28th, 2011

Starting Weight: 357lbs
Current Weight: 355lbs
Goal Weight: 240lbs
Total Weight Lost: 2lb
Weight Remaining: 115lbs
Days Remaining: 177

I apologize for my missed post yesterday, I was on a road trip with my amazing girlfriend, and simply forgot to do one before I left for her house. We went to the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg, TN. Very cool tour…you should check it out. Go to www.JackDaniels.com

Well, Day five and only two pounds lost. I’ve not been true to my nutrition  routine and I haven’t done really any exercise, so that’s obviously what’s holding me back. I’ll step up my efforts on those two things and show you some results later.

I’ve found liquor to be a weakness of mine. I actually have no desire to stop drinking to aid in my fitness goals. Ha, as I’m writing this, I’m wondering if that makes me an alcoholic. In the spirit of full disclosure, I must say I would only have one or two drinks every few days if that. I’m probably best defined as a social drinker.

Another weakness is my girlfriend’s cooking. She is an amazingly talented world-class chef with her own catering business. She does wedding cakes and almost any sized catering event. I encourage you to follow her blog at www.CreativeCrumbsNashville.blogspot.com. She makes some amazing meals and I devour them. Luckily for me, they are healthy for the most part but still outside my normal fitness diet.

And on the word “Diet”, I’m not talking about some guru program that tells you what to eat and what to do. I’m talking about the original meaning, the total food you eat on a daily basis. The difference can be found in the way someone asks these two questions: 1) “What diet are you on?” or 2) “What does your diet look like?”. Also, looking at the meaning of the word diet actually helps to solidify in your mind that it is actually a lifestyle change. A program has a beginning and an end. Your diet doesn’t.

Enough for today. Be looking for updates regularly and please subscribe to this blog via the link to the right! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. The hardest part is making a quality decision. The good news is doing the right things are easy to do but they are also easy not to do. Congratulations on taking that first step. A great decision!

    ReplyDelete